Starting Point Coffee Shop was opened on 11th July 2009 (Anne’s Birthday) at 4 Woodley Precinct, SK6 1RJ. We are a private business owned by Anne & Robert Wallace but are driven by a social heart. We love Woodley and reinvest a substantial amount of our profits into making our community stronger.
We are proud to have a 5-star hygiene rating and all our staff have been trained in Level Two Food Hygiene or above.
What We Offer
Open Monday to Saturday 9am – 4.30pm, we offer a fabulous locally roasted coffee from the amazing Heart & Graft coffee roastery in Salford. Our sandwiches are made from bread baked in Edgeley and we source local produce where possible because we believe in supporting local businesses.
Our menu is freshly made each day and offers competitively priced sandwiches, soups and salads as well as coffee. We also have regular offers for those watching the pennies.
Here is our menu *coming soon*
You can see how we make one of our salads here Try the windmill at home.
In addition, we offer a buffet service for you to collect. For more information about our buffets please contact email@example.com
What We Stand For
What We Revinest
As a private business, we are not required to reinvest any profits or time into the community, but we know that strong communities make strong businesses and we care about where we live. Because of this:
- We currently fund four free weekly Computer basic courses, run by Starting Point at the coffee shop on a Tuesday and Friday morning.
- We run a suspended coffee scheme for unpaid careers wanting a change of scenery.
- We host a chatty table to tackle isolation.
- We have supported local people for the last five years to come together to knit and knitter.
- We hold a food bank collection box for St Mark’s Church and support with issuing food bank referral vouchers twice a week.
- We offer work experience and employment opportunities to local people.
- We host free community cooking sessions seasonally in our local community with plans to run many more in the future.
- We run a monthly kid’s coding club with Stockport Coderdojo, which we helped establish in 2015.
- We share our recipes to encourage more people to try our menus at home.
- We offer free sanitary protection in our toilets.
- Our staff are trained in community organising and we prompt these skills widely.
- We support Alvanley GP Practice in their work to build a community around their practice, including hosting a monthly singalong, weekly befriending scheme and evening health events.
- We offer weekly financial support as a Stockport Credit Union collection point.
- We offer local volunteering opportunities with weekly volunteer lunches and host an annual Christmas lunch.
- We offer free workspace to Starting Point Community Learning Partnership.
- We invite Father Christmas to come and see us every year, offering a free opportunity for local children to visit and get a gift from the big man himself.
Talk To Us
You can get in touch with one of our staff members by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org