The Windmill Coffee Shop was opened on 31st August 2017 in The Cornerstone, 2 Edward Street, Stockport. Working in partnership with Stockport Homes Group, we have brought a social enterprise coffee shop offer to Stockport town centre.
We are proud to have a 5-star hygiene rating and all our staff have been trained in Level Two Food Hygiene or above.
100% of our profits go into making our community stronger. Our board of trustees take no money for their time or their expertise that is given to the company.
What We Offer
Open Monday to Friday 8.30am – 4pm, we offer a fabulous locally roasted coffee from the amazing Heart & Graft coffee roastery in Salford. Our sandwiches are made from bread baked less than a mile from our shop and we source local produce where possible because we believe in supporting local businesses.
Our menu is freshly made each day and offers competitively priced sandwiches, soups and salads as well as coffee. We also have regular offers for those watching the pennies.
Here is our Menu Windmill
You can see how we make one of our salads here Try the windmill at home.
In addition, we offer a buffet service for meetings at the Cornerstone. For more information about our buffets please contact email@example.com
What We Stand For
What We Have Reinvested So Far
Our short financial year (7 months) finished on 31st March 2018. Once our accounts are finalised we will be in a strong position to start investing in our local community. We are focused on community organising, food and skills primarily on the Mottram Street estate behind the coffee shop.
- We currently fund two free weekly Computer basic courses, run by Starting Point at The Cornerstone on a Tuesday afternoon.
- We fund discounted coffees for the Stockport Homes befriending scheme on a Thursday morning.
- We host a chatty table to tackle isolation.
- We offer work experience and employment opportunities to local people.
- We have hosted several free community cooking sessions in our local community with plans to run many more in the future.
- We share our recipes to encourage more people to try our menus at home
- We have plans to recruit a community organiser to focus on the area around The Windmill.
Talk To Our Board
You can get in touch with one of our board members by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org