Today is Earth Day and we are using the day to launch our renewed commitment as a business to the environment. As a social enterprise, we believe our sector should be a the forefront of making the world a better place and we are keen to share our ambitions with other likeminded organisations.
Last year, we introduced paper waste management systems, reduced printed handouts, moved to locally sourced items of sale and planned the building work for more energy efficient windows.
This year we are being even more ambitious. Below are the commitments we will be working toward this financial year:
- Updated and published environmental policy by April 2021
- Environmental training for all staff by April 2021
- Recycle laptops and technology through Recycle Northwest from April 2021
- Cyclescheme offer to staff by April 2021
- Introduction of Starting Point Earth Day community fund in April 2021
Apply here before 17th May 2021: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/SPEarthDay21
- Battery recycling point from May 2021
- EMS implemented for staff to design and work towards the organisation’s targets by July 2021
- Replacement of all old windows by Jan 2022
- Removal of florescent lighting in office spaces by Jan 2022
Hopefully you will be as excited as we are to be part of making sustainable changes for our future. If you have any questions please don’t hessite to contact email@example.com.